The New Year is just around the corner. Do you have a plan in place for a fast start in 2018? SCORE offers free business consulting services to thousands of local Tucson business owners.
Here are some of the things SCORE recommends you consider.
- Analyze your results for the past year. What were your biggest successes and how can you have more of them? What areas need improvement? What will you do differently in 2018?Analyze your top competition and learn everything you can from them. What are they doing to get a competitive advantage? Do they have any weaknesses that may
- offer you an opportunity?
- What are your goals for 2018? Clearly identified goals will help keep your efforts focused and on track. Write a detailed plan explaining how you will achieve those goals. It is important that you visualize yourself achieving those goals.
- Examine all of your target markets and prioritize them. Break them down into easy-to-identify niche markets. Know exactly which will be your top target markets, and be specific. The easier it is to describe your target markets, the easier it will be to reach them. Develop a specific marketing strategy to effectively reach each of your target markets.
- Are there additional resources you need to accomplish your goals in 2018? Some examples of these resources might be additional staffing, new technologies, strategic partnerships or marketing materials.
- Invest some time and energy now and you will hit the ground running in January. This will put you one step ahead of your competition in 2018.