• UnitedHealthcare of Arizona: AzBusiness magazine honored UnitedHealthcare of Arizona with the Spotlight Award for Customer Opinion and one of the Most Admired Companies (MAC) in Arizona. UnitedHealthcare of Arizona was among 46 local organizations to be honored as a MAC this year and the only company awarded for exceptional achievement in customer opinion.
MAC honorees were selected by a committee composed of AzBusiness’ editorial and management teams following an application process.
• Ronald D. Mercaldo: Best Lawyers has recognized Mercaldo as a 2018 Lawyer of the Year in the practice area of plaintiff’s personal injury litigation in Tucson. Mercaldo is the founder and senior partner of the Mercaldo Law Firm. He is a certified specialist in personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
• Pima Community College: Chancellor Lee D. Lambert has been named Chief Executive Officer of the Year by the Association of Community College Trustees.
It is ACCT’s highest honor for a community college CEO. ACCT is a non-profit educational organization of governing boards, representing more than 6,500 elected and appointed trustees who govern over 1,200 community, technical, and junior colleges in the U.S. and beyond.
• Nogales-Santa Cruz County Chamber of Commerce: Villa’s Market and Suarez Brokerage Company have been named the recipients of the Chamber’s fourth annual Business Excellence Awards.
The Nogales-Santa Cruz County Chamber of Commerce also recognized the Nogales U.S. Customs Brokerage Association as the Non-Profit Organization of the Year award recipient and Roni Capin-Ashford as the recipient of the Citizen of the Year award.
• Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Southern Arizona: JFCS President and CEO Carlos A. Hernández was awarded first place for outstanding leadership in the category of Mental Health and Psychiatric Services at the 2017 Influential Health and Medical Leaders Award ceremony.
Tucson Local Media honors local medical and health-care professionals who have made significant contributions and demonstrated outstanding dedication to their work.
JFCS of Southern Arizona is a non-profit, non-sectarian specialty provider offering psycho-therapeutic counseling, patient-centered trauma-informed care, and social services.