Here’s what you need to know about claiming a tax credit for donations to charitable organizations.
- Charitable organizations that qualify for this credit are those that help the working poor, or those that help children who are chronically ill or disabled.
- The maximum credit for a qualifying charitable organization donation is $800 for married couples filing jointly and $400 for all other filers — that’s double the maximum donation allowed last year.
- Contributions to a Qualifying Charitable Organization must be made by April 18, 2017. Donations made between Jan. 1 and April 18, 2017, can be claimed on your 2016 or 2017 tax returns.
- For a complete list of qualifying charitable and foster-care organizations serving Pima County, see Page 13 of this section.
- You do not need to itemize deductions to claim a credit for contributions to charities that provide assistance to the working poor.
- For a full list of qualifying organizations, visit azdor.gov/Portals/0/RefundCredits/CertifiedCharities2016.pdf
- To claim the charitable organization credits, use Form 321.