Here’s what you need to know about claiming a tax credit for a donation to the Arizona Military Relief Fund, which offers financial help to active-duty service members, post 9/11 veterans and their families.
- This fund reached its $1 million cap on Nov 21.
- Contributions made after that will be returned.
- Each year you can claim up to $400 for married couples filing jointly and $200 for singles for payment of fees to the Arizona Military Family Relief Fund.
- The fund targets families facing financial hardships, many of them related to injuries and disabilities suffered in service to their country.
- You must get a receipt from the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services that indicates the contribution qualifies for the credit to take this credit on your Arizona tax return.
- Find the donation form at dvs.az.gov/sites/default/files/documents/files/MFRF-2016-Donation-Form_0.pdf
- Use Form 340 to claim this credit.
- To claim this credit, donations must be made by by the end of the year or before the cap is reached.