The number of deductions you can take on your 2012 tax filing might surprise you. But many tax filers may miss out on some deductions simply because they do not know they exist.
If you'd like to learn about overlooked deductions available the 2012 tax season, you might spend a little time visiting one of these websites:
• AARP: Features 10 tax tips that people over 50 should be aware of for 2012 taxes. http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-02-2012/tax-tips-you-should-know.html
• H&R Block: Covers important tax credits for 2012. http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/deductions-credits/overpaying-taxes.html
• Intuit TurboTax: Spotlights the 10 most-overlooked tax deductions, updated for 2012 taxes. http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/deductions-and-credits/5630.html
• Investopedia: Focuses on seven overlooked tax return items. http:/// www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1112/overlooked-tax-deductions-for-2012.aspx
• Kiplinger.com: Offers money-saving tax breaks that tax filers should not miss, in slideshow format. http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/taxes/T054-S001-the-most-overlooked-tax-deductions-slide-show/index.html