Why should you care about customers finding your small business online?
While it might be easy to find you in Tucson, how easy is it to find your small business online?
Does your business’ name or product appear on the first page of search engines like Bing, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Foxfire? SEO (search engine optimization: organic search) and SEM (search engine marketing: paid search) when used together can boost your rankings on Internet search engines.
In a recent article for SCORE, Rieva Lesonsky, CEO of GrowBiz Media, cited five ways SEO can help your business’s bottom line:
- Credibility — Customers tend to purchase from trusted sources so having a good position in organic search engine results says that you are a real player in your market. When you post great content on your website with helpful and valuable information, chances are good that customers who find you will become new clients.
- Competitive edge — When a customer searches the web for your product/service and you have a better positioned website than your direct competitor, you have the advantage.
- Authority — Become an authoritative source in your market segment. If a potential customer has questions about your product/service, many will turn to the Internet for the answers. Imagine if they find your website on the first page of Google search results. This gives you instant influence and most likely the sale.
- Exposure — Increasing your ranking for your small business will give you valuable exposure to new clients. Moving up in the search results page is a long-term process but the increase in exposure will be worth the wait.
- Relationships — Among the benefits of having an online presence are the resulting relationships. These suggestions all came from a relationship that started with website optimization.