Fashion designer and CEO Tory Burch will headline this year's Global Retailing Conference of the University of Arizona's Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, the university announced on Wednesday.
Burch and other presenters at the annual retail conference will focus on new ways that top retail and fashion brands are engaging customers and encouraging advocacy, the UA said in a news release.
Burch, CEO and founder of the company that bears her name, won an award for accessory brand launch of the year in 2007 from the Accessories Council of Excellence. In 2005, Fashion Group International awarded the Rising Star Award to Burch for best new Retail Concept. Her résumé includes time at Zoran, Harper's Bazaar, Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang and Loewe.
Among the other speakers announced Wednesday are senior executives from Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Clarins, Costco, Facebook, Hudson's Bay Company, Iconix Brands, Sony PlayStation and Walmart.
The conference, which UA describes as an annual forum and think tank for emerging ideas, will be held April 11-12 at Loews Ventana Canyon resort.
Presentations will include retail innovation, digital advancement, marketing strategies and consumer behavior.
Among the speakers scheduled are:
• Tony Spring, president & COO, Bloomingdale's.
• Wanda Young, vice president, media and digital marketing, Walmart.
• Kerry Lakin, senior account manager, Facebook.
• Jim Sinegal, co-founder and former CEO, Costco.
• Jack Tretton, CEO, Sony PlayStation.
• Ira Kalish, director of global economics, Deloitte Consulting.
• Jonathan Zrihen, president and CEO, Clarins Groupe North America.
• Bonnie Brooks, president, Hudson's Bay Company.
• Matthew Shay, president and CEO, National Retail Federation.
• Neil Cole, president and CEO, Iconix Brand Group Inc.
• Doug Mack, CEO, One Kings Lane.
• Kevin Sterneckert, vice president, research, Gartner.
• Rob Garf, vice president, product and solutions marketing, Demandware.
• Gary Talarico, president and CEO, Gordon Brothers.
• Scott Hardy, president and CEO, Polaroid.
• Joe Bona, president, Branded Environments, CBX.
DID YOU KNOW?
The University of Arizona's Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing is named for a University of Arizona alum who is chairman, president and CEO of Macy's Inc. Lundgren will also speak at the conference.