Blue-chip stocks may get the headlines, but some of the best opportunities for investment growth often lie with small-cap stocks, companies with a market capitalization of $2 billion or less.
Small-cap stocks, however, can also come with a degree of risk.
To learn about the basics of small-cap investing, here are a few sites worth a visit:
• Investopedia: Provides overview of small-cap versus big-cap stocks. investopedia.com/articles/analyst/010502.asp
• InvestingAnswers: Provides the essentials of small-cap stock investing. investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/stock-market/small-cap-stock-900
• InvestorGuide.com: Explores opportunities and downside to small-cap investing. investorguide.com/article/13466/should-you-invest-in-small-cap-stocks-0513/
• HowTheMarketWorks.com: Offers small- cap investing basics with stock selection checklist. education.howthemarketworks.com/articles/small-cap-stock-investing/
• Stock Market Investor: Contains brief overview of small-cap investing, including the disadvantages. stock-market-investors.com/stocks-and-bonds-investing/small-cap-stocks-characteristics.html