- Town of Oro Valley: For the 23rd year in a row, the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to the Town of Oro Valley by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting. An award of Financial Reporting Achievement has also been awarded to the Town of Oro Valley’s Finance Department, which is primarily responsible for preparing the CAFR.
- Hughes Federal Credit Union: S&P Global Market Intelligence released their annual rankings of top performing credit unions. Hughes was listed nationally as top five in market growth and top 27 performing credit union overall. Hughes was the only credit union in Arizona to be recognized in the 2016 rankings. S&P Global Market Intelligence ranked the nation’s credit unions using five core financial performance metrics: member growth, market growth, operating expense as a percentage of operating revenue, net charge-offs as a percentage of average loans and delinquent loans as a percentage of total loans.
- Sandra Tedlock: The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys has recognized the performance of Family Law Attorney Sandra Tedlock as Four Years 10 Best Family Law Attorney for Client Satisfaction. Attorneys on the 10 Best list are chosen based on client and/or peer nominations, thorough research, and AIOFLA’s independent evaluation. AIOFLA’s annual list was created to be used as a resource for clients during the attorney selection process.
- Bill Becken: The owner of JAN-PRO in Tucson won the Master Owner of the Year award. Becken was one of three to win the JAN-PRO award from the commercial cleaning company out of 140 owners in 16 counties. Becken has 70 franchisees and 200-plus employees.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP: Attorneys from the Tucson office are included in the 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists. They are Rob Charles for business bankruptcy, John N. Iurino for business litigation, Lewis D. Schorr for real estate, and Jeffrey L. Sklar, who was recognized as a Rising Star for business litigation. The annual southwest lists acknowledge experienced attorneys and Rising Stars in Arizona and New Mexico.
Submit items to email@example.com; please use “Biz Awards” in the email subject line and include photos in JPEG format.