Keri L. Silvyn
- Raytheon Missile Systems: Sun Corridor’s Joint Planning Advisory Council recognized Raytheon Missile Systems as a top exporter. International sales for Raytheon Company, which specializes in defense, civil government and cyber security solutions, grew by 5.6 percent in 2016 – the 13th consecutive year of international sales growth – to exceed 31 percent of the company’s total 2016 net sales of $24.1 billion.
The Economic Development for Global Economy program recognizes businesses that are exporting and to encourage others to do the same regardless of company size.
- John R. Peters: The independent financial advisor affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network and Financial Advisor of Professional Wealth Strategies in Tucson has achieved Commonwealth Business Experience status for 2017.
The distinction recognizes success based on a ranking of annual production among Commonwealth’s network of 1,710 financial advisors.
- Oro Valley: The community of Oro Valley has been designated SolSmart Silver. Fifty-eight communities in 25 states have achieved designation under SolSmart, a national program that recognizes cities and counties for lowering barriers to solar energy development. Funded by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative, SolSmart aims to designate at least 300 communities within three years.
- Keri L. Silvyn: The owner and founding partner at Lazarus, Silvyn & Bangs, P.C., was appointed to the Arizona State Land Department Board of Appeals by Gov. Doug Ducey. Silvyn will represent the First District, consisting of Pima, Santa Cruz, Cochise, Graham and Greenlee counties. The board approves all state land sales and commercial leases, and serves as an administrative review board for decisions of the state land commissioner relating to appraisals and classifications.
- Golder Ranch Fire District: The agency has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers’ Association of the United States and Canada for its 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. The CAFR was judged by an impartial panel to meet the standards of the program, which includes demonstrating a constructive “spirit of full disclosure” to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the CAFR.