The former Old Pueblo Grille near Broadway and Alvernon Way will once again house a restaurant.
JJ&G Consulting Services LLC has leased the 8,147-square-foot space at 60 N. Alvernon Way from HSL 60 N. Alvernon LLC.
Abuela’s Cocina Mexicana, part of the Brother John’s restaurant group, will open there by the end of the year, said Pat Darcy of Tucson Realty & Trust Co., who represented the landlord. The tenant was represented by James Robertson of Realty Executives.
“The character of the building and patio was a big seller,” Darcy said.
While the building was vacant, he often got calls from people inquiring when it might reopen.
“People really liked that location,” Darcy said.
The restaurant was seized by a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge and closed early last year as part of former owner Bob McMahon’s 2014 Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
It was bought later in the year by HSL 60 N. Alvernon LLC for $1.2 million.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Dana Park 1 LLC bought a 8,060-square-foot, multi-tenant retail building from Foothills Mall Pad No. 7 LLC for $3.6 million. The property is just north of Ina Road and La Cholla Boulevard, at the entrance to the Walmart Supercenter. Greg Furrier of Picor handled the transaction.
- Tierra Luna and Sol Enterprises LLC bought two apartment complexes from RPR E. 22nd Street LLC for $2.7 million. The properties, Tierra Luna (48 units) and Tierra Sol (40 units), are at 7438-7450 E. 22nd St. Allan Mendelsberg, with Picor, represented both parties.
- MS Tucson LLC bought 8.5 acres at 5151 E. Pima St. from 5151 Pima LLC for $2.4 million to build a 47,300-square-foot transitional-care medical facility. Rick Kleiner of Picor represented the seller. Robert DeLaney of CBRE and Devpal Gupta of Cushman & Wakefield Phoenix represented the buyer.
- Ironwood Gastroenterology PLLC and Rehan Iftikhar PLLC leased 6,734 square feet at 1951 W. Grant Road from Wright and Case Holdings LLC. Picor’s Rob Tomlinson represented the landlord, and Esther Empens of Tierra Antigua Realty LLC represented the tenant.
- GolfTEC Enterprises LLC leased 2,589 square feet at 3122 N. Campbell Ave. from 3122 North Campbell Ave. LLC. Dave Hammack, of Volk Co., represented the landlord.
- Chicken Nuevo leased a 2,567-square-foot drive-thru building at Ina Road and Camino Martin from Western Tire Centers Inc. Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Juan Teran, with Realty Executives Elite, represented the tenant.
- CareATC Inc. leased 1,763 square feet at 5225 E. Knight Drive from TMC Holdings Inc. Picor’s Rick Kleiner represented the landlord, and Jeff Casper, with CBRE, represented the tenant.
- Alltech Solutions Inc. leased 1,240 square feet in Clairemont Plaza, 1664 S. Research Loop, from Clairemont Partners LLC. Rob Glaser, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- City of Refuge International Church leased 1,200 square feet in Midpoint Business Plaza, 1801 S. Alvernon Way, from Presson Midpoint LLC. Rob Glaser and Paul Hooker, with Picor, handled the transaction.