A half city block recently demolished north of downtown Tucson will rise again as an apartment complex.
A $7.8 million building permit was issued to 7th Avenue Commons for a 50-unit complex at 58 E. Fifth St. The development will be more than 55,000 square feet.
It is the latest in a number of housing projects announced for the downtown area and surrounding neighborhoods as commercial development has brought more interest to the city’s core.
Other construction activity around town includes:
- Worldview got a $5.3 million building permit for its near-spaceport at 1805 E. Aerospace Parkway.
- CDO Baptist Sanctuary & Children’s Building got a $4.4 million building permit for the 28,000 square-foot project at 9200 N. Oracle Road.
- The Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona is building a $2.3 million, 19,000 square-foot office at 3718 E. River Road.
- Bion Crossfit got a $667,000 building permit for a 5,600 square-foot spot at 7801 E. Snyder Road.
- A $467,000 permit was issued to Temple of the Presence Inc. for a 4,600 square-foot worship hall at 11902 E. Irvington Road.
- Sonora World Famous Hot Dogs got a $150,000 tenant-improvement permit to move into 4,300 square feet in Tucson Spectrum, 5475 E. Calle Santa Cruz.
- Aspen Dental will be moving into 3,600 square feet in the Wilmot Plaza, 6303 E. Broadway, after putting the finishing touches on a spec building with a $102,000 tenant-improvement permit.