Arizona Early Music Society
Concerts are at St. Philip's in the Hills Episcopal Church, www.azearlymusic.org or 297-3448.
• Ciaramella - Jan. 30.
• Trio Sonnerie - March 27.
• Mahan Esfahani - April 10.
Arizona Friends of Chamber Music
Concerts at the Leo Rich Theatre, www.arizonachambermusic.org or 577-3769.
• Christòpheren Nomura and Kevin Fitz-Gerald - Jan. 30.
• Ives String Quartet - Feb. 2.
• Auryn String Quartet - Feb. 16.
• Tucson Winter Chamber Music Festival - March 6-13.
• Ensö String Quartet - April 13.
Arizona Symphonic Winds
Volunteer ensemble performs Music in the Park series at Udall Park, 7290 E. Tanque Verde Road, www.azsymwinds.org or 721-2068.
• Concert schedule not available at press time.
Chamber Music Plus Southwest
Headed by husband-and-wife team Harry Clark and Sanda Schuldmann, CMPS puts on its Rhythms of Life musical portrait series at the Berger Center for the Performing Arts, www.chambermusicplus.org or 400-5439.
• "Still Life: Frida Kahlo & Georgia O'Keeffe" - Jan. 23.
• "God Glimmer: J.S. Bach's Six Solo Cello Suites" - Feb. 27.
• Pianist André Watts "Lisztian Loves" - April 3.
Civic Orchestra of Tucson
Tucson's oldest community orchestra, led by Herschel Kreloff, celebrates its 35th season. www.cotmusic.org or 730-3371.
• The Romantics - March 20, Crowder Hall; March 27, Green Valley Community Performing Arts Center.
• The Pops - April 17, Quail Creek; May 1, Reid Park.
DesertView Performing Arts Center
SaddleBrooke performing arts center hosts national and local artists. saddlebrooketwo.com or 825-2818.
• Desert Pops Orchestra featuring Robert Shaw - Jan. 30.
• Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra - Feb. 12, April 2, May 21.
• Tucson Concert Band - Feb. 18.
The Foothills Phil
Community intergenerational orchestra in the Catalina Foothills School District, 209-8313.
• Spring concert - May 8, location to be announced.
Old Arizona Brass Band
The ensemble, also known as the 4th Cavalry Regimental Band at Fort Lowell, has been performing in Southern Arizona for more than a dozen years. oabb.homestead.com or 529-2807.
• Historic Arms Society Dinner - Jan. 29, Trail Dust Town's Savoy Opera House, 6541 E. Tanque Verde Road.
• Fort Lowell Concerts - Feb. 12 and April 2, next to Fort Lowell Museum.
• "Four Chaplains Memorial Service" - Feb. 20, Veteran's Administration Hospital Auditorium, 3601 S. Sixth Ave.
• Civil War in the Southwest Annual Re-enactment - March 12, Picacho Peak State Park.
• Annual Celebration of the Arrival of the Railroad to Tucson - March 20, Historic Downtown Depot, 414 N. Toole Ave.
Old Pueblo Brass Band
British-style brass band, www.oldpueblobrassband.com or 325-1420, 293-2760,
• Winter concert - Feb. 25, Atria Bell Court Gardens, 6653 E. Carondelet Drive.
• "In Orbit or Something From Space" - March 20, Desert Skies United Methodist Church, 3255 N. Houghton Road.
• Spring Concert - March 25, Rincon Country East RV, 8989 E. Escalante Road.
• Season finale - May 1, Northminster Presbyterian Church, 2450 E. Fort Lowell Road.
Pima Community College
Performances for the college's 20th anniversary season are held at the PCC Center for the Arts on the West Campus; www.pima.edu/cfa or 206-6986.
• Cellist Ted Buchholz - Jan. 30, Recital Hall.
• Pianist Raymond T. Ryder - Feb. 10, Recital Hall.
• Tuba player Hank Feldman - Feb. 13, Recital Hall.
• Tenor Madness with saxophonist Mike Keepe - April 3, Recital Hall.
• Tuba player Mark Nelson - April 14, Recital Hall.
Rincon Congregational United Church of Christ Friends of Music
The church has been hosting concerts for a couple of years, but this is its first fully realized concert series. Concerts are performed at Rincon's Fellowship Hall, 122 N. Craycroft Road. or www.rinconucc.org or 745-6237.
• Rincon Chamber Players - April 16.
A mixed amateur and professional ensemble, sonorawinds.homestead.com or 258-8488.
• Sonora Winds Favorites - Feb. 16, location TBA.
• Vacation places - May 11, location TBA.
Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance
The alliance hosts the Tucson Symphony Orchestra's MasterWorks series at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 7650 N. Paseo del Norte. It also hosts other concerts around town. www.saaca.org or 531-9027.
• "Schumann Romance" - Feb. 4.
• "Virtuoso Violin and Haydn" - March 4.
Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra
Volunteer orchestra hosts a Tucson concert series at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 7575 N. Paseo del Norte, Oro Valley; and SaddleBrooke series at DesertView Performing Arts Center. www.sasomusic.org or 323-7166.
• Spanish accents, with guest pianist Jesus Maria Figueroa - Feb. 12-13.
• Mozart's Coronation Mass to mark the 300th anniversary of Father Eusebio Kino's death - March 12 at St. Augustine Cathedral. Guests will be the Catalinas Community Chorus, Tucson Masterwork Chorale and soloists soprano Christi Amonson and mezzo Angela Diehl.
• Youth contest winner - April 2-3, featuring guest soprano Ana Paula Brunkow from Brazil and Italy.
• Season finale - May 21-22, with guest Brazilian guitarists Eduardo Costa and Gabriel Navia performing Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Concerto for Two Guitars.
St. Philip's Friends of Music
Concerts are held at St. Philip's in the Hills Episcopal Church, www.stphilipstucson.org or 299-6421.
• Little Organ Book: Chorale Preludes for the Liturgical Year, Passiontide to Pentecost and Faith - Jan. 23.
• CD-release concert - Jan. 28.
Tucson Concert Band
Volunteer community band, under the baton of Herschel Kreloff, is in its 44th season. tucsonconcertband.homestead.com or 298-1252.
• Spring concert - Feb. 13, Sun City Vistoso, Mountain Vista Recreation Center Auditorium; Feb. 18, DesertView Performing Arts Center, SaddleBrooke; March 13, University of Arizona Crowder Hall.
• Memorial Day Concert - May 30, South Lawn Cemetery.
Tucson Guitar Society
The group hosts numerous recitals and teams up with the University of Arizona for other events, held in Holsclaw Hall unless noted. www.tucsongs.org
• Florian Larousse - Feb. 3.
• David Russell - Feb. 19-20.
• Student Recital - Feb. 27.
• Rene Izquierdo - March 26.
• Adam del Monte - April 9, Tohono Chul Park.
Tucson Pops Orchestra
Professional ensemble presents free concerts at Reid Park's DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center, www.tucsonpops.org or 722-5853.
• Events not available at press time.
Tucson Philharmonia Youth Orchestra
For nearly 60 years, the philharmonia has been a training ground for career-oriented, pre-college musicians. Suzette Battan leads the regional ensemble. www.tpyo.org or 623-1500.
• 2011 Philharmonia Artists Spotlight - Jan. 23, Catalina Foothills High School Auditorium, 4300 E. Sunrise Drive
• Spring Gala - April 10, Catalina Foothills High School Auditorium.
Tucson Symphony Orchestra
Concerts are held at the Tucson Music Hall unless noted, www.tucsonsymphony.org or 882-8585.
• Respighi, Rossini and Lalo, featuring violinist Dylana Jenson - Jan. 14 and 16.
• TSO Pops "Oz With Orchestra" - Jan. 22-23.
• Concertmaster recital featuring Aaron Boyd - Jan. 30.
• "Schumann Romance" with pianist Elizabeth Joy Roe - Feb. 5-6, Catalina Foothills High School.
• "Take It to The Limit": The Music of the Eagles featuring Jeans 'n Classics - Feb. 12.
• "Dancing With Liszt and Ravel," featuring guest pianist Terrence Wilson - Feb. 11 and 13.
• "A Night at the Oscars" - Feb. 26-27.
• "Virtuoso Violin and Haydn" with Aaron Boyd - March 5-6, Catalina Foothills High School.
• "Scheherazade" - March 11 and 13.
• Bernadette Peters - March 19.
• "Simply Swingin' with Sinatra and Friends" featuring Steve Lippia - March 26-27.
• "Pictures at an Exhibition," featuring Johanna Lundy - April 8 and 10.
• Young Composers Project Reading Sessions - May 6-7, Tucson Symphony Center.
Performances at University of Arizona's Centennial Hall unless noted.uapresents.org or 621-3341.
• Joshua Bell - Feb. 12.
• Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Chamber Ensemble - Feb. 20, Crowder Hall.
• Kronos Quartet - April 3.
University of Arizona School of Music
Most events are held at Crowder Hall or Holsclaw Hall unless noted, www.music.arizona.edu or 621-1162.
• Third International Symposium on Latin American Music - Thursday, next Friday, Crowder Hall and Stevie Eller Dance Theater.
• Amelia Rieman Opera Competition - Jan. 23, Crowder Hall.
• Violinist James Buswell with cellist Carol Ou and pianist Paula Fan - Jan. 24, Crowder Hall.
• Roy A. Johnson Memorial Organ Series featuring Brent Hylton - Jan. 30, Holsclaw Hall.
• Pianist John Milbauer - Feb. 1, Crowder Hall.
• "Fusion!" - Feb. 2, Holsclaw Hall.
• President's Concert - Feb. 5-6, Crowder Hall.
• Brass Faculty and Student Showcase - Feb. 8, Crowder Hall.
• Schaeffer Memorial Guitar Competition - Feb.13, Holsclaw Hall.
• "Robert Muczynski: American Voice" - Feb. 14, Crowder Hall.
• Guitarist David Russell - Feb. 19 and 20, Holsclaw Hall.
• Pianists Michael Dauphinais and John Milbauer with percussionists Norman Weinberg and Kimberly Toscano - Feb. 21, Crowder Hall.
• Cellist Mark Votapek - Feb. 23, Holsclaw Hall.
• "¡Bebop México!": Cuarteto de Juan Alzate - Feb. 25, Crowder.
• John Philip Sousa Concert featuring the UA Wind Ensemble and UA Symphonic Band - Feb. 27, Centennial Hall.
• Wind Ensemble and UA Symphonic Band - March 1, Crowder Hall.
• Chamber Players - March 2, Holsclaw Hall.
• UA Philharmonic Orchestra - March 3, Crowder.
• Roy A. Johnson Memorial Organ Series, featuring Pamela Decker - March 4, Holsclaw Hall.
• Violist Hong-Mei Xiao with pianist Paula Fan - March 23, Holsclaw Hall.
• Sholin Guitar Competition - March 27, Holsclaw Hall.
• Arizona Bach Aria Consort: "Ars Moriendi, the Art of Dying: In Praise of Anna Magdalena Bach, Mother-Musician" - March 28, Holsclaw Hall.
• Pianist Tannis Gibson "Dreams and Fantasies" - March 31, Holsclaw Hall.
• Collegium Musicum - April 3, Holsclaw Hall.
• Arizona Wind Quintet and the Arizona Graduate Winds - April 4, Holsclaw Hall.
• "Chamber Music Extravaganza" - April 13, Crowder Hall.
• Graduate Percussion Quartet - April 14, Crowder Hall.
• UA Steel Bands - April 17, Crowder Hall.
• Richard Sebring and Daniel Katzen - April 21, Holsclaw Hall.
• UA World Music Gang - April 21, Crowder Hall.
• Rosewood Marimba Band - April 22, Crowder Hall.
• Arizona Graduate Winds - April 23, Holsclaw..
• UA Percussion Group - April 23, Crowder Hall.
• Mildred Flood Mahoney Memorial Organ Recital with Shinji Inagi - April 24, Holsclaw Hall.
• UA Chamber Players - April 25, Holsclaw Hall.
• Electro-Acoustic Class Year-End Concert - April 26, Crowder Hall.
• UA Symphonic Band - April 27, Crowder Hall.
• UA Wind Ensemble - April 28, Crowder Hall.
• Arizona Symphony Orchestra and UA Philharmonic Orchestra - April 29, Crowder Hall.
• "Plugged In" with CrossTalk - April 30, Crowder Hall.
• Student Chamber Music Showcase - May 4, Crowder Hall.
Out of town
Green Valley Recreation
Performances are at the Green Valley Recreation, West Social Center, 1111 Via Arco Iris, Green Valley. www.gvrec.org or 1-520-625-3440, Ext. 7225.
• "Steppin' Out With My Baby" - Jan. 18.
• Pianist Danny Gurwin - Jan. 20.
• Tucson Symphony Orchestra "Best of Broadway" - Jan. 25.
• Hot Club of San Francisco - Jan. 27.
• Big Band Sounds of Green Valley - Feb. 1.
• Tucson Symphony Orchestra, "Schumann Romance" - Feb. 3.
• Pianist Frederick Moyer - Feb. 15.
• Green Valley Stage Band - Feb. 22.
• Bavarian Brass Band - March 24.
• Alfredo Rolando Ortiz - April 12.
• Pianist David Syme - April 14.