Theatre 3 is all about the community.
Sure, it would like the community to come see its performances at Live Theatre Workshop, where the group started by Angela Horchem and Matt Walley has taken over Etcetera, the sometimes-late arm of LTW.
But it also wants to involve the community, bring Tucsonans together to create together and imagine together.
Which brings us to its first show of the new year, "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum."
Horchem calls the program "episodic" - which means, basically, over the next several months the troupe will take audience members on trips to different countries.
This weekend, the country is Turkey.
"The idea is that this trio (of characters) has been touring the world and they collect and share stories wherever they go," said Horchem.
The company will use voice, masks, music, dance, shadow puppetry and mime to bring the country to the hearts and minds of Tucsonans.
Oh, and beer.
Rebecca Safford of Tap & Bottle will curate a beer from each country and audience members can buy and sip. If you are 21, of course.
"It's very much a show about ritual," said Horchem. "And we want to pull people into the ritual."
If you go
• What: Theatrum Orbis Terrarum goes to Turkey.
• Presented by: Theatre 3 and Etcetera.
• When: 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
• Where: Live Theatre Workshop, 5317 E. Speedway.
• Information: 327-4242.
• Cost: $12 at the door; $5 a beer.
• Cast: Angela Horchem, Matt Walley, Paul Amiel, Bruce Stanley and Danielle van Dobben.
• Coming up for Theatrum Orbis Terrarum: Ireland - March 8-9; Japan - April 5-6; Tucson - April 26-27.