Arizona Lottery is honoring Arizona's Hispanic culture with a special lottery ticket for Hispanic Heritage Month.
The state agency is giving artists until 5 p.m. Feb. 21 to submit original artwork that depicts Día de los Muertos for a $2 scratcher ticket to be released in August. The winning design will grace tickets sold at 2,900 retailers statewide.
Here's what you need to know:
• The artwork must be wholly original; no incorporating others' work.
• Artists living in the state are eligible to compete.
• The winning entry must reflect the Día de los Muertos holiday and how it connects to Arizona's Hispanic culture.
• Artwork should be eye-popping and engaging for lottery players statewide.
Click here for the application, which needs to include:
• Images of two to four original works of art depicting Día de los Muertos.
• Artwork size 2½ inches by 4 inches.
The deadline is 5 p.m. Feb. 21.
Hispanic Heritage Month runs Sept. 15 to Oct. 15.