Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano, the venerable northwest side Italian restaurant, is celebrating its silver anniversary this month.
Beginning Monday and running through month's end, Michelangelo at 420 W. Magee Road off North Oracle Road will host several specials and events:
• Live music with Tucson jazzman Joe Bourne May 17 and 30; with Kings of Pleasure May 23.
• Free tiramisu from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. May 27.
• Three-course dinner for two is $25 per couple Monday through next Thursday.
• “Rolling Back Prices” to $3.95 — the price you paid when they opened 25 years ago — from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 16 and 30.
• Silver anniversary toast May 19 through 22: 25-cent half bottle of Ruffino Prosecco per couple with the purchase of two entrees.
• Learn Italian over lunch from noon to 1:30 p.m. May 24. Three-course lunch with beverage is $15; the lesson with Theresa Levy is liberal, noon-1:30 may 24 — that's "free" in Italian. (Reservations are required; 297-5775.)
• Nightly 25-cent drink specials in the bar through May 29; limit one drink per customer.
• And, finally, if it's your birthday or anniversary on May 25 — and you can prove it — you get free lunch.
Details: Call 297-5775.