Most of the traditional summertime deals from Tucson Originals restaurants kicked in on Monday.
Now you can score two-fer deals, or discounted entrees, as an enticement to dine locally at a time when dining out tends to taper off.
Most specials end Labor Day weekend.
• Bluefin Seafood Bistro,
7053 N. Oracle Road, www.bluefintucson.com: Grab a mallet and enjoy a 1-pound steamed Maine lobster with drawn butter, Texmati rice and coleslaw for $20.13 (subject to change). Closed July 3-9.
• Dakota Café & Catering,
6541 E. Tanque Verde Road, www.dakotacafetucson.com: "Dakota World Tour 2013" featuring a rotating monthly menu that draws on cuisines from around the world June 7-Sept. 7.
• Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails, 135 S. Sixth Ave. www.downtownkitchen.com: Spotlight on cuisines from downtowns around the globe, including Seoul, South Korea; Havana, Cuba; Marrakesh, Morocco; and Mumbai, India. Regular menu also available. Happy hour begins at 4 p.m. daily.
• Ghini's French Caffe,
1803 E. Prince Road, www.GhinisCafe.com: two signature Eggs Provençal with two mimosas for $20.
• Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro, 5845 N. Oracle Road, www.gourmetgirlsglutenfree.com: Eggs Benedict (served all day) or sandwiches for two, $20. Closed Mondays.
• Jonathan's Cork,
6320 E. Tanque Verde Road, www.jonathanscork.com: Weekly dinner special for $15 featuring stuffed chicken, pork chop or seafood entrees.
2564 E. Grant Road, www.kingfishertucson.com: 19th Annual Road Trip features menus from different regions of the country. Closed July 3-9.
• Lodge on the Desert, 306 N. Alvernon Way, www.lodgeonthedesert.com: $20 three-course dinners.
• Monkey Burger, 47 N. Sixth Ave. or 5350 E. Broadway, monkeyburgerrestaurant.com: Burgers for two - two burgers, fries and soft drink for $22.
• Pastiche Modern Eatery, 3025 N. Campbell Ave., www.pasticheme.com: Two-course dinner for $20 and wine specials.
• Renee's Organic Oven,
7065 E. Tanque Verde Road, reneesorganicoven.com: a glass of wine, any small pizza and a slice of flourless chocolate cake for $20. Closed July1-11.
• Rocco's Little Chicago, 2707 E. Broadway, www.roccoslittlechicago.com: Large thin-crust cheese pizza and six breadsticks or a double house salad for $20.
• Venice Restaurant & Pizzeria, 7848 E. Wrightstown Road, www.7848venice.com: Happy hour from 3 to 7 p.m. daily features drink specials. Daily food specials begin at 4 p.m. on weekdays.
Acacia daily deals
Acacia Real Food & Cocktails, at 3001 E. Skyline Drive, is celebrating summer with daily specials that begin at 4 p.m.:
• Taco Tuesdays in the lounge: three tacos and a beer, $5.
• Burger Wednesdays in the lounge: half-pound burger or cheeseburger with fries, $6.
• Half-price wine Thursdays, selected wine bottles, prices vary.
• Paella Fridays: paella for two, includes a glass of red or white sangria for each, $30.
Hours are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. 232-0101.
Cathalena E. Burch and Hannah Gaber