The flesh-eating zombies wreaking havoc on AMC every Sunday night won't be the only Dead entertaining Tucsonans within the next couple of weeks
Two Grateful Dead alums, guitarist Bob Weir and percussionist Mickey Hart, are slated to perform separate shows in town.
Weir will appear at the Fox Tucson Theatre Wednesday, and Hart will be at the Rialto Theatre, March 5.
Weir's visit is one of only four acoustic solo shows on his schedule.
Details are scarce, as are reviews, but it is something Weir has been doing on-and-off since performing bare-bones at the Sundance Film Festival in 2011, as part of a screening of the Jim Kohlberg film, "The Music Never Stopped."
Weir will perform alongside psychedelic folk musician Jonathan Wilson on a tour wedged in between gigs with Further, a project he started with fellow Dead member Phil Lesh, and as part of his own RatDog Quartet.
Hart's Rialto stop is part of a larger tour in promotion of his latest release, "Mysterium Tremendum."
Read more about his show in next week's Caliente.
• What: An acoustic show performed with musician Jonathan Wilson.
• When: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday
• When: Fox Tucson Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.
• Cost: $35-$68 through the Fox box office, 547-3040.
• Details: foxtucsontheatre.org online.
• What: Hart performs with a full band to promote his latest album, "Mysterium Tremendum."
• When: 7:30 p.m. March 5.
• When: Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
• Cost: $25 through the Rialto box office, 740-1000.
• Details: rialtotheatre.com online.
Contact reporter Gerald M. Gay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 807-8430.