On Saturday, March 31, The Loft Cinema is screening George A. Romero's
"Night of the Living Dead." Harvard's Dr. Steven C. Schlozman, zombie expert, will be on hand to discuss all things zombie and his book, "The Zombie Autopsies: Secret Notebooks from the Apocalypse".
But before that you can chat with Dr. Schlozman on StarNet. On Friday, March 30 at 4 p.m., StarNet will host a live online chat with Dr. Schlozman.
He will answer your questions about all things dead and living dead.
Leading up to Friday's chat we'll offer up all kinds of zombie fun every day. Today we give you some tips on an awesome zombie party.
Zombies are all the rage these days. Google "Zombie party ideas" and you get over 2 million results.
We've narrowed that down to a few things we feel are a must-do for a successful and fun zombie party.
• If you're not the do-it-yourself type then BirthdayDirect.com is the website for you.
They have all sorts of party favors - bloody table cloths, coffin silverware caddies and zombie hands to decorate cupcakes, of course. You'll also find the usual party supplies zombie-fied - plates, napkins, cups, etc.
• Halloween is a seven months away but zombie pumpkins are a cute addition to a zombie party no matter the date on the calendar.
For tips on making these undead gourds look no further than Martha Stewart. She really can make anything.
• What's a party without some adult beverages?
• Lastly, we need to talk about your face. You can't throw a zombie party looking all fresh-faced and gorgeous. You're undead and you have to look the part.
AMC has a tutorial on achieving that perfect zombie look from "The Walking Dead" complete with a shopping list and instructional video.
• Oh, and if you want to make your ice cubes look like brains be sure to check out these molds on Amazon.com.