- Two 6-ounce bison or other steaks, cooked as desired and cooled
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 red or Easter egg radishes, finely minced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic-chile paste (or substitute a dash or so of bottled hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Slice the steaks crosswise against the grain into strips as thin as possible. Roughly chop the strips into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the steak, mango, cucumber, radishes and onion. Toss well.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic-chile paste and sesame oil. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 310 calories; 50 calories from fat (16 percent of total calories); 6 g fat (1.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 105 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 19 g sugar; 39 g protein; 590 mg sodium.