Use frozen peaches in this recipe rather than fresh. Aside from being available in any season, frozen peaches are picked and individually quick-frozen at the height of their freshness and ripeness, which means they are consistently flavorful.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups frozen skinless freestone peaches
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, defrosted
- ½ cup champagne or good quality sparkling wine
- 4 fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 1/8 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, cut into chiffonade
Combine peaches, apple juice, and champagne in a blender and pulse to mix. Blend on high speed until smooth. Toss the berries with the oil in a small bowl. Add the sugar and chili powder, and toss to coat the berries.
To serve, divide the soup among four shallow bowls. Place one berry in the center of each bowl and arrange the mint around the berry. Serve immediately.
From Justin Cline Macy, executive chef, Miraval Resort & Spa