Next weekend's Southern Arizona Home Builders Association Home & Patio Show promises to be educational and entertaining with enough intriguing products to spur a little action on those spring projects.
Local companies will be displaying examples of their work and products, including some items that are new to the market.
What not to miss:
• Saturday at noon kids get to meet and mingle with Muno and Brobee from Nick Jr.'s "Yo Gabba Gabba."
• Remodelers' Row, where local remodeling professionals will be available to discuss your specific projects.
• Indian Information and Trade Center. Native American Crafts will be sold in the area with a tepee and dancing throughout the show.
• Valuable giveaways.
• White Elephant Shop, the popular Green Valley resale store, will be selling goods.
• Bring your used printer cartridges and cellphones. Tucson Clean & Beautiful is collecting them to benefit their education programs.
Where: The Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave., downtown.
When: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. next Sunday.
Cost: General admission is $8 for adults; children 12 and under are free. Half price military discounts are available all three days. Friday is 50/50 Day with half-price admission for those 50 and over. Coupons for $2 off admission are available at sahbahomeshow.com or at Patio Pools & Spas, Bedmart and all Circle K stores. Only one discount per person is allowed.
Parking: In addition to the paid parking lots at the TCC, parking is free on Saturday and Sunday at the City/State parking garage at Congress and Manning House Drive, north of the TCC. The Home Show shuttle is free and runs from the garage to the east entrance to the TCC.