The SAHBA Home and Garden Show usually draws some 20,000 people to the Tucson Convention Center.
This year, organizers hope for even more because of the weekend's massive lineup of special events.
"Anything that can bring people downtown is a good thing," said Mike Bolchalk, a partner at Bolchalk Frey Marketing.
"We have a lot of residents in Tucson that have not ever been to downtown.
"If we get them downtown, it's good for Tucson Meet Yourself and good for the home show."
He said this year's home show will focus on entertainment and fun, with an emphasis on solar products and remodelers.
Other home show highlights include the PF Chang's Cooking Show, with lettuce wrap samples and a Mongolian beef recipe to take home, along with seminars that range from water harvesting to the best wines for the holiday season.
If you go
• What: The SAHBA Home and Garden Show features hundreds of exhibitors showcasing the latest in home improvement, and patio and outdoor living
• When: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
• Where: Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.
• Cost: $8; half-price for ages 50 and over on Friday. Military discounts are available all days. Children 12 and under are free.
• More info: www.sahba homeshow.com