• Fireworks at Loews Ventana Canyon.
• Wyatt Earp Days in Tombstone through May 28.
• Downtown Antique Fair at the Old Pueblo Garage.
• Kore Press Benefit Auction & Garden Party at the Historic Franklin House downtown.
• Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony at Tucson Estates.
• Bubblepalooza at Children's Museum Tucson.
Thursday, May 31
• Northwest Block Party at the Northwest corner of Ina Road and Oracle Road.
FRIDay, June 1
• Spacefest IV at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa through June 3.
Saturday, June 2
• Meet Me Downtown 5K Night Run/Walk.
• National Trails Day.
• Flagstaff Hullabaloo at Wheeler Park in Flagstaff.
• 15th Annual Hon-Dah Pow Wow in the Pines at Hon-Dah Resort Casino Festival Grounds through June 3.
Tuesday, June 5
• 2012 Transit of Venus - your last chance to see Venus pass before the sun (but don't look at it directly). Events at Biosphere 2, Kitt Peak National Observatory, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, Mt. Lemmon SkyCenter, Tumamoc Hill and UA Main Campus.
FRIDay, June 8
• Ninth Annual Show Low Days in
Show Low, through June 10.
Saturday, June 9
• Titan Moonlight Madness at the Titan Missile Museum in Sahuarita. Also on July 14 and Aug. 11.
• Salute to the Buffalo Soldiers in Tombstone, through June 10.
FRIDay, June 15
• Seventh Annual Bisbee Pride Weekend, through June 17.
• Tucson Pride History Week at various locations through June 24.
Saturday, June 16
• Fifth Annual Al Lindstrom Colossal Cave 5K Road Race at Colossal Cave Mountain Park.
Thursday, June 21
• Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey "Dragons" at Tucson Arena. Continues daily through June 24.
Saturday, June 23
• World Refugee Day with International Soccer and Festival at Maracana Sports Center.
Sunday, June 24
• El Dia De San Juan Festival downtown.
Sunday, July 1
• 17th Annual Holualoa Firecracker Triathlon at UA.
Wedesday, July 4
• Independence Day.
• Tucson 4th of July 5k Freedom Run/Walk at Golf Links Sports Complex.
Saturday, July 7
• Ha:san Bak Saguaro Harvest Celebration at Colossal Cave Mountain Park.
Sunday, July 8
• Run with the Roosters 5-Mile Run/Walk at Old Tucson Studios.
Saturday, July 14
• WWE Supershow at Tucson Arena.
Saturday, July 21
• The Breeze In The Trees 5K at the Green Valley Pecan Company in Sahuarita.
• 15th Annual Arizona Highland Celtic Festival in
Flagstaff through July 22.
Wednesday, Aug. 1
• Southwest Wings Birding & Nature Festival in Sierra Vista through Aug. 4.
FRIDay, Aug. 10
• 64th Annual Vigilante Days in Tombstone through Aug. 12.
Sunday, Aug. 12
• Tombstone Vigilante Days 10K in Tombstone.
• Stay up late to catch the peak of the Perseid Meteor Shower.
Saturday, Aug. 18
• Ann Schmidt Run to Remember 5K Run/Walk at Rillito Park Race Track.
Monday, Aug. 20
• Celebrate Tucson's birthday - Aug. 20, 1775.
Saturday, Sept. 1
• The UA Wildcats host Toledo in the season opener (and Rich Rodriguez's first game as the UA's head football coach).
• Sonoita Labor Day Rodeo through Sept. 3
Monday, Sept. 3
• TMC Saguaro National Park Labor Day 8-Miler and 5K Walk/Run.
Summer Saturday Evenings
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
2021 N. Kinney Road.
The museum stays open after sundown on Saturdays starting June 2 through Aug. 25 with exhibits featuring plants and wildlife that thrive at night when its hot. Each Saturday has a theme - "Living in Harmony with the Sun" kicks things off on June 2. Admission after 4 p.m.: $7.
Tucson Botanical Gardens
Bring a picnic basket and pick a shady spot as the sun sets and the moon rises along with all your favorite nighttime flora and fauna. From 5 to 8 p.m. June 22, July 27, Aug. 24. Cost: $8.
OK, so the shoes leave something to be desired, but bowling is still fun. Cool, too, since it's indoors with glorious air conditioning.
Vantage Bowling Centers - which has five locations across town - offers all kinds of summer specials, including deals that let kids bowl free. Visit the website - www.vantagebowlingcenters.com - and click on "specials" to see the latest deals. Leave your email address to get bowling and food discounts along with an instant $10 certificate.
Zooming across the floor in air-conditioned Skate Country is play and exercise at the same time. The local landmark, 7980 East 22nd St., offers weekly specials like Monday's dollar night - a buck buys you entry for the 6 to 8 p.m. session. Plus, there are $1 food specials throughout the evening. Sunday is family night, and up to six people can get in for $12 from 6 to 9 p.m. Skate Country also regularly publishes coupons in Bear Essentials News for Kids that gets up to five people in for free.
Start summer with a bang Saturday
Loews Ventana Canyon plans to shoot off fireworks on Saturday for resort guests and anyone attending the V2 Lounge Party at the lower spa pool, which includes DJ Phoseph. The $25 cost includes two drink tickets. You must be at least 21 and you must RSVP in advance with the concierge at 299-2020.