National Adopt A Shelter Dog Month
• What: Arizona Greyhound Rescue Flash Mob at 2nd Saturdays Downtown.
• When: 7 p.m. Saturday.
• When: Meet in front of the Main Library at Stone and Pennington.
• More: www.azgreyhoundrescue.org
• What: ZOOcson - Feast for the Beasts! Food from more than 30 of Tucson restaurants, music, silent and live auctions to benefit the Reid Park Zoo.
• When: 6-9 p.m. Oct. 15.
• Where: Reid Park Zoo.
1100 S. Randolph Way.
• Cost: $100.
• More: www.tucsonzoo.org
• What: "Neigh"borhood Fall Fun-raiser. Includes hayrides, carnival games, maze, cart rides, pumpkin picking, food and drinks. Benefits Therapeutic Ranch for Animals and Kids.
• When: Noon-4 p.m. Oct. 16.
• Where: Therapeutic Ranch for Animals and Kids, 3230 N. Craycroft Road.
• Admission: $8; $5 ages 3 to 12; free ages 2 and under. Includes lunch and petting zoo. Additional cost for other activities.
• More: traktucson.org
• What: "Operation Meow" wine tasting at CataVinos. Raffle basket and silent auction.
• When: 4-6 p.m. Oct 16.
• Cost: $20 for six wines and snacks, with $10 going to the Casa de los Gatos animals. Also, canned food and scoopable litter donations collected.
• RSVP: 881-0900.
• What: Humane Society of Southern Arizona celebrates second anniversary of Pawsh at Park Place mall. Includes vendors, food and adoptable animals and more.
• When: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 22.
• Where: 5870 E. Broadway.
• Cost: Free.
• What: Dogtoberfest. This fund-raiser for Handi-Dogs Inc. includes demonstrations and other dog-friendly activities. Hot dogs and beer for purchase.
• When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 23.
• Where: Tucson Hebrew Academy, 3888 E. River Road.
• Admission: $5; free kids 12 and under with an adult. Dogs welcome.
• More: www.DogtoberfestAZ.org
• What: Trick or Treat at The Hermitage. Come in costume and get treats. Half-priced adoptions.
• When: Noon- 3:30 p.m. Oct. 30.
• Where: The Hermitage Cat Shelter, 5278 E. 21st St.
• More: www.hermitagecatshelter.org
• What: Halloween pet and kids costume contest and book signing by Michael Rosen, author of "My Dog." Includes kids activities, parade and costume contest. Benefits the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.
• When: 4-6 p.m. Oct. 30.
• Where: La Encantada Courtyard, 2905 E. Skyline Drive.
• Cost: $5 contest entry fee.
• What: Greyhounds & Friends Fall Festival. Arizona Greyhound Rescue event includes gourmet dessert auction, raffles, silent auction, doggie contests and demonstrations.
• When: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 5.
• Where: Brandi Fenton Memorial Park, 3482 E. River Road.
• Cost: $5 per family, includes a raffle ticket for the door prize.
• What: Canyons Cluster Dog Shows presented by Canada del Oro Kennel Club and Madera Canyon Kennel Club. Includes all breed conformation and all breed and mixed breed obedience and rally competition.
• When: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 11-14.
• Where: Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. First Ave.
• Cost: Free admission.
• Also: CERF (canine eye exam) clinic on Saturday; $33 dog ($27, second dog same owner).
• More info: www.onofrio.com
• What: La Cocina Restaurant benefit with live music. Ten percent of dinner bill will be donated to Casa de los Gatos. Live jazz and oldies by "The Decades," silent auction and raffle.
• When: 5-10 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Where: Cocina Restaurant, 201 N. Court Ave.
• More: www.casadelosgatos.org
• What: Doin' It for the Animals, dinner and concert by Reverie to benefit The Animal League of Green Valley.
• When: 5:30 p.m. Nov. 18.
• Where: Placita del Sol building in Amado.
• Cost: $35.
• More: 625-3170.
• What: Paws for the Holidays. Includes festive dog contest and parade, photos with Santa, holiday vendors and snow. Benefits the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.
• When: 5-7 p.m. Nov. 25.
• Where: La Encantada.
• Cost: Free admission; $5 photo with Santa.