Four volunteers with Pima County's Court Appointed Special Advocate program were honored last week for their commitment and dedication to their work.
CASA volunteers are assigned to children in the foster care system to act as "the eyes and ears of the judge assigned to the case," according to a news release from Pima County Juvenile Court.
The advocates meet with therapists, case managers, foster parents and others and prepare reports for the judges recommending what is in the child's best interests involving their health and education, the release said.
Also recognized by the CASA Support Council for Pima County at a luncheon last week were a Child Protective Services worker and an attorney.
The honorees include:
• Judge's Choice - Mary Ann Martin
• Attorney's Choice - Ceci Rivera
• CASA of the Year - Sharon Inorio
• Special Award - Barbara Himebaugh
• CPS Worker of the Year - Donna Stewart
• Attorney of the Year - Jillian Aja
To learn more about CASA visit www.azcourts.gov/casa or call 740-2060.