More than 500 McDonald's crew members and managers are participating in a Day of Service event this morning, beautifying schools in Southern Arizona and across the state.
In all, 2,000 service hours will be provided to help school improvement projects at 50 school districts around Arizona.
Projects include cleaning, organizing, painting, landscaping, gardening and other activities.
The service event complements “National People Week,” a national McDonald’s campaign that celebrates employees for their valued contributions to the company.
Tucson-area schools and organizations that are participating in the event include:
- Tucson Values Teachers
- Liberty Gifted and Talented Magnet Elementary School
- Los Niños Elementary School
- Amphitheater Middle School
- Emily Gray Junior High School
- Flowing Wells Junior High School
- Amphitheater Clothing Bank
- Canyon del Oro High School
- Sahuarita Middle School
- Acacia Elementary School
- Cienega High School
- Estes Elementary School
- Thornydale Elementary School