The Sunnyside Unified School District Alumni Association will honor eight people at its annual Hall of Fame ceremony on Nov. 2.
The ceremony, in its tenth year, will take place at Gallego Basic Elementary School.
The inductees are:
• Rosemary Badian, community outreach volunteer for Raytheon, who helped bring math tutors and other programs to Sunnyside schools.
• Cindy Bova, planner/scheduler for the district's transportation department. Bova helped design Craycroft Elementary School's Life Learning Centers in 1990.
• Valla Dalrymple, former coordinator for the Sunnyside High School Teen-age Parent Program.
• Sharon Hooker, a former elementary teacher who designed the school district's gifted program.
• Eddie Islas, principal of Santa Clara Elementary School, who has partnered with the Tohono O'odham Nation's San Xavier District and various community groups to initiate a summer reading program, after-school tutoring and other programs.
• Joan Katz, who designed and implemented the district's first special education preschool program in 1984.
• Allie Faye Matthews, a Sunnyside High School graduate and former district employee who is risk manager for the City of Tucson.
The alumni association will also honor the late Ed Matty, a longtime volunteer and former math department chair at Sunnyside High School.