Catalina Mountain Elks Lodge No. 2815 handed out awards at a March 29 ceremony. Winners included:
* Al Skorupski, Citizen of the Year. He serves as executive director of the Arizona Elks Major Projects, which supports the University of Arizona Steele Children's Research Center and the Elks Youth Camp in northeastern Arizona.
* Randall Watts, Firefighter of the Year. The Golder Ranch Fire District firefighter and paramedic earned a place on the Captain's list for his involvement in several committees.
* Rene Sanchez, Paramedic of the Year. A Golder Ranch Fire District paramedic, he received the award for his paramedic skills and positive attitude.
* Jeff Thomas, Police Officer of the Year. The Oro Valley Police Department veteran was recognized for his professional bearing and positive attitude.
* Lisa Chavez, Elk of the Year. She served as the lodge's Special Olympics chairperson.
* Mary Aldrich, Elk Officer of the Year. She earned the distinction for her first-pkace performance as Inner Guard at the Elks' District Rural Competition.