A 38-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation and was in stable condition at a hospital after evacuating pets from his burning mobile home Wednesday.
Northwest Fire District paramedics treated the man in the 13500 block of North Warfield Circle, near Interstate 10 and the Marana exit, said Capt. Adam Goldberg, fire district spokesman.
Firefighters responded after 911-callers reported the fire at 12:32 p.m. Crews arrived within seven minutes and found the front bedroom of the mobile home involved with fire, Goldberg said.
The blaze was brought under control in 18 minutes, and was confined to the bedroom. However, the entire home suffered smoke damage.
The homeowners had initially evacuated the house, but the man went back into the house for his pets and was overcome by smoke, said Goldberg.
Goldberg said the pets were not injured. The family of three was assisted by the Southern Arizona Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Investigators determined that the fire started in a plugged-in laptop left unattended on a bed. Damage was estimated at $1,500, said Goldberg.