Tucsonans no longer have to wait for a scheduled “drug take-back day” to dispose of unwanted medication.
City officials and local organizations are launching a new program, the “Rx Safe, Smart & Secure” campaign, to dispose of medication and help prevent prescription-drug abuse.
Beginning this morning, five Tucson police stations will have “Rx Safe” drop boxes where people can leave medications five days a week. Locations are the:
• Southside Santa Cruz Substation, 4410 S. Park Ave ., at East Fair Street.
• Westside Police Service Center, 1310 W. Miracle Mile near North Flowing Wells Road.
• Midtown Substation, 1100 S. Alvernon Way at East 22nd Street.
• Downtown Main Station, 270 S. Stone Ave. near West Cushing Street.
• Eastside Rincon Substation, 9670 E. Golf Links Road near South Harrison Road.
The boxes were paid for by four Tucson organizations: Amistades Inc., 4R Communities Alliance, Luz Southside Coalition and the Community Prevention Coalition of Pima County.