A 64-year-old woman received serious burns in a fire that started in a workshop on her property Monday afternoon.

The woman was taken to University of Arizona Medical Center Main Campus and is in serious but stable condition, said Capt. Adam Goldberg, a Northwest Fire District spokesman. He said the victim suffered second and third-degree burns. 

She called 911 shortly before 2 p.m. to report the fire in the 3900 block of West Sweetwater Drive, near North Silverbell Road, said Goldberg.  

The masonry block building, which was 20 feet by 40 feet, was well involved in flames when crews arrived. As firefighters approached the front door, a portion of the wall collapsed, said Goldberg.

Fourteen firefighters battled the blaze from outdoors because the structure was unsafe to enter. They brought the fire under control in eight minutes, Goldberg said. Firefighters brought water in a tender truck to fight the blaze. 

The accidental fire occurred after a container of flammable liquids broke, and active pilot lights on a stove ignited a pressure flash fire, said Goldberg. This caused the roof to "blow off" and collapse one wall, he said.