Whether you're looking for a unique holiday gift or some good grub, head on out to the Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair, which begins today and runs through Sunday.
Before you head out, here are some things to consider:
• Parking: All metered street parking downtown is free on Saturdays and Sundays, but not today. Parking is also free this weekend at University of Arizona parking garages. The Old Pueblo Trolley from Main Gate Square will take you to the street fair.
• Parking no-nos: City of Tucson parking-enforcement officers will be on the lookout for safety and other parking violations. Do not park in red zone, within five feet of a driveway or in marked fire lanes.
• Walking or cycling: Curbside bike racks are available along Fourth Avenue for pedaling guests.
• Pets: Fido needs to stay home. The City Council has an ordinance banning pets (with the exception of service dogs) from street fairs.
If you go
• What: Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair
• When: Today through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Where: Fourth Avenue between University Boulevard and Ninth Street
• Cost: Free
Did you know
The Fourth Avenue Merchants Association - formed in 1974 - is comprised of member merchants from the Fourth Avenue Historic Shopping District. The majority of the nonprofit's revenue comes from two annual street fairs.
Get your app
Go online to fourthavenue.org to get the free street fair app for your smart phone.