The last Border Patrol agent killed on duty in the Tucson Sector was Michael V. Gallagher, 32, who was killed in September in a wreck patrolling on the Tohono O'odham Nation.
Prior to that, Agent David Webb died in a rollover crash west of Tucson in November 2006.
In March 2006, Agent Nicholas Greenig, 28, died when a car he was riding in hit a cow on Arizona 86 near Why, 110 miles west of Tucson.
With Tuesday's death, at least 10 agents have been killed in the line of duty in the Tucson Sector of the U.S. Border Patrol. Previous deaths:
• Michael V. Gallagher, 2010, crash.
• David Webb, 2006, crash.
• Nicholas Greenig, 2006, crash.
• George DeBates, 2004, crash.
• Alexander Kirpnick, 1998, shot by drug smugglers
• Victor Ochoa, 1983, crash.
• George Pringle, 1940, crash.
• Lon Parker, 1926, killed in shootout with liquor smugglers.
• William McKee, 1926, shot by liquor smugglers.
Source: Star archives