Cooking fire displaces 1 in northside complex in Tucson

2013-05-12T17:52:00Z 2013-05-12T18:18:37Z Cooking fire displaces 1 in northside complex in TucsonCarmen Duarte Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star
May 12, 2013 5:52 pm  • 

A cooking fire displaced one person from a northside town house complex late Saturday night.

No one was injured in the fire, which broke out shortly before midnight in the 2500 block of East Prince Road, said Capt. Barrett Baker, a Tucson Fire Department spokesman.

The accidental fire, which started after a pan of oil was left unattended, spread in the kitchen of the town house before the resident was ordered to leave the apartment, Baker said.

Firefighters contained the fire to the kitchen, and the blaze was brought under control in 15 minutes.

The home's occupant was staying with relatives.

A damage estimate was unknown.

Copyright 2014 Arizona Daily Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Activate

Follow the Arizona Daily Star

Featured businesses

View more...

Event Calendar

Today's events | Add an event

Most viewed:


Get weekly ads via e-mail