Cooking oil causes fire at home on Tucson's south side

2013-04-22T16:09:00Z 2013-04-23T08:32:55Z Cooking oil causes fire at home on Tucson's south sideArizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star
April 22, 2013 4:09 pm  • 

Cooking oil on the stove caused a fire that destroyed a kitchen and displaced the home’s resident, Tucson Fire officials said.

At about 1:30 p.m. Monday, firefighers were called to a house in the 5000 block of South Cherry Avenue, near East Irvington Road.

Firefighters found smoke and flames coming from the kitchen and the home’s resident said she had been heating up cooking oil in the kitchen when she went into the living room.

When she returned to the kitchen it was on fire. She called 911 and was told to leave the house.

Crews needed about eight minutes to get the fire under control. There were no injuries.

A damage estimate was not available, but the kitchen suffered extensive damage.

Copyright 2014 Arizona Daily Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Activate

Most Popular

Follow the Arizona Daily Star

Featured businesses

View more...

Deals, offers & events

View more...
Get weekly ads via e-mail