Families can cool off at Pima County swimming pools and splash pads beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
The pools are to open May 24 and remain open through Sept. 1.
The pool in the community of Ajo will open for the Memorial Day weekend but then close and reopen May 31 for the remainder of the summer.
Swim lessons begin June 2, and the cost is $20 for a two-week session of eight classes. Parents can enroll children as young as 6 months in the classes.
For information about pool schedules, fees, swimming lessons registration, class offerings and times, call your community pool or visit webcms.pima.gov/recreation and click on the pools link.
The community pools are:
- Ajo Pool, 290 Fifth St., Ajo, (520) 387-6555.
- Brandi Fenton Splash Pad, 3482 E. River Road, 419-1481. Already open and free admission.
- Catalina Pool, 16562 N. Oracle Road, (520) 825-9011.
- Flowing Wells Junior High School Pool, 4545 N. La Cholla Boulevard, 696-8671.
- Kino Pool, 2805 E. Ajo Way, 838-0938.
- Los Niños Pool, 5432 S. Bryant Ave., 574-0222.
- Manzanita Pool, 5110 S. San Joaquin Ave., 578-2458.
- Northwest YMCA-Thad Terry Pool, 7770 N. Shannon Road, 229-9006.
- Picture Rocks Pool and Splash Pad, 5615 N. Sanders Road, 682-8465.
- Wade McLean Pool at Marana High School, 12000 W. Emigh Road, 616-6500.
The Picture Rocks Community Center, in partnership with Picture Rocks Fire District, is offering free swimming lessons to the first 50 area residents to register.
This was made available through a $1,000 grant to the fire district from the Knights of Pythias Tucson Lodge No. 9. Certified American Red Cross instructors will provide the lessons.
Swim lessons at Mulcahy YMCA at Kino Community Center and Northwest YMCA-Thad Terry pools will be taught through the YMCA. For information on lessons and fees, call Mulcahy YMCA at 838-0938, and Northwest YMCA at 229-9006.