A 21-year-old man admitted Thursday to being the getaway driver in a home invasion earlier this year and could be placed on probation or sentenced up to 3 3/4 years in prison.
Miguel Angel Soberanes’ attorney, Peter Keller, told Pima County Superior Court Judge Jane Eikleberry his client didn’t go into the home, but is guilty of being an accomplice.
Soberanes will be sentenced Jan. 12 on an attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge.
On April 15, three adults and three children were at a home in the 9800 block of South Agave Cactus Way when men in black clothing entered about 2 a.m. They threatened to kill everyone if they didn't give them drugs and money, a sheriff's spokeswoman said at the time.
After being told they had no money or drugs, the invaders searched the house and took the homeowner's wallet and cellphone, the spokeswoman said.
Soberanes, Ernesto Adrian Guerrero Jr., 23, and Daniel Alejandro Macias, 22, were arrested a short time later.
Guerrero, a U.S. Army veteran who served in Afghanistan, was placed on three years’ intensive probation earlier this month after pleading guilty to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Macias is currently scheduled to go to trial Jan. 8.