The Pima County Sheriff’s Department has released a timeline of events surrounding Jared Lee Loughner, the man facing charges in connection with Saturday’s deadly shooting. Officials say he purchased the Glock Model 19, 9 mm handgun with extended magazine and one box of ammunition on Nov. 30.
The timeline documents the whereabouts of Loughner, from the night before the deadly shooting at Safeway to Saturday night when officials served a search warrant at his house.
Night before shooting
11:35 p.m. Loughner drops off roll of 35mm film to be developed at Walgreens, 3800 W. Ina Rd.
Day of shooting:
• 12:24 a.m.: Loughner makes a purchase at Circle K Store #3400, 4900 W. Ina Rd.
• 12:29 a.m.: Loughner checks into Motel 6, 4630 W. Ina Rd.
• 2:19 a.m.: Loughner returns to Walgreens to retrieve developed photos and makes a purchase. (Photos are in the possession of the FBI)
• 2:34 a.m.: Loughner makes purchase at Chevron Store, 7620 N. Hartman Rd.
• 4:12 a.m.: Loughner posts bulletin on Myspace. Titled post “Goodbye friends” which contained recently developed photo from Walgreens.
• 6:12 a.m.: Loughner makes purchase at Walmart Store at Foothills mall, 7635 N La Cholla Blvd.
• 6:21 a.m.: Loughner makes purchase at Circle K Store, 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Rd.
• 7:04 a.m.: Loughner attempts to purchase ammunition at Walmart store at Foothills mall, 7635 N La Cholla Blvd.
• 7:27 a.m. Loughner makes purchase for ammunition and diaper bag (backpack style) at Super Walmart, 8280 N. Cortaro Rd.
• 7:30 a.m. Arizona Game & Fish Department officer stops Loughner for running a red light at Cortaro Road and Interstate 10.
• Between 7:31 and 9:40 a.m. Loughner returns home and is confronted by his father. He flees on foot carrying a black bag.
• 9:41 a.m. Cab driver picks up Loughner from Circle K at 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Rd., and drives him to Safeway, 7100 N. Oracle Rd.
• 9:54 a.m. Cab driver and Loughner enter Safeway to get change for fare.
• 10:10 a.m. Loughner opens fire. Nineteen people wounded; 6 fatalities.
• 10:11 a.m. Pima County Sheriff’s Department receives 911 call of shooting.
• 10:14 a.m. First medical unit, Rural Metro Fire Rescue 76 (Paramedic Unit), dispatched to shooting.
• 10:15 a.m. First deputy on scene; Loughner is detained.
• 10:16 a.m. Second deputy on scene; Loughner’s weapon secured.
• 10:19 a.m. Medical personnel begin arriving on scene.
• 10:31 a.m. Southwest Ambulance, Paramedic 831 on scene.
• 10:41 a.m. Southwest Ambulance, Paramedic 831 transports U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords to UMC.
• 10:50 a.m. Loughner transported to Sheriff’s substation, 7300 N. Shannon Rd.
• 6:59 p.m. Warrant served at Loughner’s parents’ residence.
Coming Sunday: The Star chronicles the sequence of events before, during and after the deadly shooting.