A Tucson man trying to change a breaker in an electrical panel suffered serious burns Wednesday.
The man, in his 60s, was burned on his chest, face, arms and back when the energized panel flashed, said Capt. Barrett Baker, a Tucson Fire Department spokesman.
Paramedics treated the man and took him to a hospital shortly after 4 p.m. from the 500 block of West Miracle Mile. The man lived at that location and volunteered to change the breaker for the building's owner, Baker said.
A Tucson Electric Power Co. crew arrived to make sure electricity was turned off to the building. City building-safety inspectors were investigating the incident, said Baker.