Sergio Celis is barred from contact with his two sons, the older brothers of missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis, Tucson police have confirmed.
Also, police later today will be releasing the audiotapes of the 911 call made the morning Isabel was reported missing, said Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor.
He said Monday that Sergio Celis voluntarily agreed to stay away from his two sons. He said the agreement is between Sergio Celis and CPS. The boys are with Becky Celis and are not in CPS custody, Villaseñor said.
Child Protective Services and Tucson police met with Isabel’s parents on Thursday and made the decision Friday. The boys have been placed with their mother, Rebecca Celis, Tucson police said Monday.
CPS has been involved with the case since Isabel was reported missing on April 21, which is a common practice in missing children cases, police said.
CPS increased their involvement with the Celis family last week after detectives became aware of information pertaining to the welfare of the two boys, Julian and Sergio. Details about those concerns have not been made public.
Villaseñor said Sergio and Becky Celis are still cooperating with the investigation, but he said the relationship between the parents and police is "somewhat more strained now."
Villaseñor said as far as he knew, neither parent has any attorney.