Browse volunteer opportunities on the Volunteer Center at United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona’s website at www.volunteersoaz.org or call 903-3949.
- Greyhound foster:
- Have you thought about getting a greyhound but aren’t sure if you’re ready to adopt? Consider fostering. Greyhounds fresh off the track have no house experience, but you can help a greyhound blossom from your one-to-one care and prepare it for a forever home.
- Reading Seed book cleaning volunteer:
- Kids need books to learn to read, and Reading Seed is working hard to make sure every child in the community has access to free books. The nonprofit hopes to distribute 40,000 children’s books to students, teachers, schools and community organizations this school year. Each used book must be cleaned by a volunteer. Groups are welcome to volunteer.
- House volunteers:
- Help keep the Ronald McDonald House organized and clean. Duties may include answering phones, greeting families, making up rooms, organizing kitchens and playrooms, and helping with special projects.
- Kitty cat adoption team:
- Lend a hand with adoption tours, help prospective adopters fill out adoption paperwork, and answer questions about cats and the shelter. This nonprofit has adoptions at Petco on the weekends and monthly offsite adoption events that could always use an extra set of hands.