• The Turning Point of World War II - Sonoran Desert Model Builders - Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave. An assortment of scale models by the Sonoran Desert Model Builders, in recognition of Memorial Day. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today; 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 791-4010.
• American Legion Auxiliary Oro Valley Unit 132 Poppy Days - Red crepe-paper poppies in exchange for donations to assist the nation's veterans. 229-1064. Locations:
• Fry's, 10661 N. Oracle Road, Oro Valley. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today-Sunday.
• Walmart Superstore, 2150 E. Tangerine Road, Oro Valley. 3-6 p.m. today; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
• 40th annual Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony - Tucson Estates, 5900 W. Western Way Circle. Several color-guard units including a mounted color guard. Also, Pima County Supervisor Sharon Bronson. 8-10 a.m. Monday. Free. 908-0774.
• Memorial Day ceremony - McCulloch-Wagner American Legion Post 109, 15921 S. Houghton Road, Corona de Tucson. Ceremony to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in military service. Guest speaker is Col. Kevin E. Blanchard, 355 Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB. 11 a.m.-noon Monday. Free. 762-5652.
• Memorial Day ceremony - Purple Heart Park, 10050 E. Rita Road. Military order of the Purple Heart, Chapter 442. Recognition of guests and support staff, and live music courtesy of University of Arizona Alumni Band. Free. 10 a.m. Monday.
• Memorial Day ceremony - The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, 3601 S. Sixth Ave. R.E. Lindsey Auditorium, Building 4. 10 a.m. Keynote speaker will be Dr. Eric Kendle, assistant chief of surgery at the VA. Free. 629-1822.