Grease fire breaks out at Sky Harbor eatery

A fire broke out Sunday morning in the kitchen of a restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Phoenix fire Capt. Tony Mure said an employee of Chelsea's Kitchen in Terminal 4 of the airport acted quickly in using a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire in the restaurant's ventilation hood.

An estimated 30 people at Chelsea's Kitchen and a neighboring restaurant were evacuated, though there was no damage to the eatery next door to Chelsea's.

The airport terminal wasn't evacuated.

Mure said the fire was likely caused by grease that had accumulated in the ventilation hood and that Chelsea's Kitchen had minimal damage from the fire.

The Associated Press

Woman's body found in Scottsdale wash

Authorities say the body of a woman who lived in a group home was found in a Scottsdale wash.

Scottsdale police said the woman walked away from the home, which cares for people with mental health issues, on Friday afternoon.

Her body was found Saturday afternoon by someone who called police to say he saw what looked like a mannequin in the canal.

Police said there were no signs of foul play in the woman's death.

The woman's identity hasn't been released.

The Associated Press