The Sun Tran bus shuttle that ran between Hi Corbett Field, Arizona Pavilions and the UA football stadium has been discontinued. That means starting with Friday’s season opener fans will need to find other transportation options to get to and from home games.
One might be the new streetcar, which travels a 3.9-mile route from the University of Arizona campus area, University Boulevard, Fourth Avenue, downtown and the Mercado area just west of Interstate 10.
There are 18 stops; go to sunlinkstreetcar.com online for their locations.
The Wildcats have two home games on Fridays (this Friday at 7:30 p.m. against UNLV, and Nov. 28 at 1:30 p.m. against Arizona State) and five home games on Saturdays (Sept. 13 at 8 p.m. against Nevada, Sept. 20 against California, Oct. 11 against USC, Nov. 8 against Colorado for Homecoming, and Nov. 15 against Washington).
The streetcar schedule for those days is as follows:
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. every 10 minutes; 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. every 20 minutes; 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. every 30 minutes.
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every 20 minutes; 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. every 30 minutes.
You can buy a one-day SunGO ticket, good for 24 hours, for $4 at an on-site vending machine. If you have a SunGO Card, then a one-way ticket, full fare, costs $1.50; one-way economy fare costs 50 cents, and children age 5 and younger ride free with a paying adult. It’s important to note that machines sell only the one-day, $4 passes.
You can buy a SunGO card …
- At retail sales outlets throughout Tucson.
- At the ticket vending machines at each of the three transit centers.
- At Sun Tran’s administrative office (3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd.).
- By phone: 792-9222 or 628-1565.
- By mail.