The Racial Reconciliation Community Outreach Network is presenting the Awakening III Conference, “Time to Make That Change,” with workshops and other events, including a banquet, Thursday through next Saturday.
All the events except the banquet are free to attend.
The conference, in its 28th year, is a collaboration of churches, ministries and other organizations that are “seeking to effect change and create unity,” according to a news release.
The Thursday and Friday events will take place at St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church, 3809 E. Third St. Next Saturday’s events are at the Tucson Sheraton Hotel & Suites, 5151 E. Grant Road.
The schedule and topics are as follows:
- 7 p.m. June 12, St. Mark’s Church: The two-step processional, an opening ceremony featuring churches, ministries and organizations, and recognizing them for their work in ministry over the past year. The keynote speaker will be the
- Eli A. Lopez
- , senior pastor of The Well Worship Center in Tucson.
- 7 p.m. June 13, St. Mark’s Church: Multicultural fine-arts festival featuring music, songs and dance “while celebrating the differences in worship and appreciating their uniqueness.”
- June 14, Tucson Sheraton Hotel: Workshops, “Leading Your Child to Excellence in This Technological Age” from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and “This Generation and Technology” from noon to 2 p.m. The conference will wrap up with a banquet at 6 p.m. featuring diversity awards, with keynote speaker the Rev.
- Mike Molina
- of Corona Baptist Church in Chandler.
The cost for the banquet is $65 per person.
To attend, call 790-0866 or go to www.tucsonrrcon.com online.