The Tucson Citizen called the Twin Flames a "fancy nitery" when it opened in 1955 at 5150 E. Speedway. It featured a well-stocked bar, soft chairs, a flaming brazier flanked by rocking chairs, a grand piano and organ entertainment. Hours listed as 9 a.m. to "legal closing." In 1958, owner Phil Kessler traded the Twin Flames for El Tanque Tavern, 6511 E. Tanque Verde Road, owned by Robert Besse. Today, the Twin Flames lot is home to a car wash. Go to azstarnet.com/retrotucson for more.