A landscaper using a propane torch to burn weeds may have caused a fire that damaged a garage in the 7900 block of N. Soledad Avenue, according to a release from Capt. Brian Keeley, a public information officer with the Northwest Fire District. 

A crew arrived and contained the fire to the garage before it could spread to the home's interior, Keeley said.

Fire investigators discovered a landscaper who was working in the yard was using a torch to burn weeds and the use of the torch is believed to be the source of the fire, he said. 

The use of torches for such purposes should be avoided, Keeley said. In addition, people who use candles, grills and other devices with flames should be cautious when using them, he said. 

Outbrain