• Candlelight vigil and food drive When: 6 p.m. Where: In front of Emily Gray Junior High and Tanque Verde High School, 4201 N. Melpomene Way. Donate: Each participant is asked to bring a can of food or other nonperishable food items for the Community Food Bank. The food drive continues Monday through Thursday.
• Candlelight vigil When: 6 p.m. Where: East Lawn Palms Mortuary and Cemetery, 5801 E. Grant Road. Ongoing: A condolence book is available to sign.
• Walk for Peace When: Prayer at 9:30 a.m.; walk at 10 a.m. Where: The walk will begin at McCormick Park, 2950 N. Columbus Blvd., and end at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' office at 1661 N. Swan Road. Sign the banner: A "Walk for Peace" banner will be available for people to sign. The banner will be displayed at Giffords' office. Also, refreshments will be sold there, with a portion of the proceeds to be donated to the victims.
• "Sharing and Reflection in a Time of Tragedy" forum When: 10:15 a.m. Where: St. Philip's in the Hills Episcopal Church's Murphey Gallery, 4440 N. Campbell Ave. Prayer and reflection: Join St. Philip's rector, the Rev. John Kitagawa, and Doris King, grief specialist, for a time of prayer, sharing and reflection.
• Prayer service put on by the Baha'is of Greater Tucson When: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Where: Pima County Medical Society Auditorium, 5199 E. Farness Drive.
• MLK March and Festival, with a tribute to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords When: University of Arizona welcome, 8:30 a.m.; march, 9 a.m.; festival, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Where: DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center, Reid Park, near South Country Club Road and East 22nd Street. Bring signs: Participants are encouraged to display signs with the names of everyone involved or "whatever their emotions lead them to," said Clarence Boykins, president of the Tucson Black Chamber of Commerce, which is organizing the event.
• Day of community action in honor of Martin Luther King Day and the victims of Saturday's mass shooting When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Where: Sahuaro Girl Scout Council Resource Center, 4300 E. Broadway. Lend a hand: Opportunities to take action will include a food drive for the Community Food Bank, creating pieces for Ben's Bells wind chimes, card making for the families of the shooting victims and our troops overseas, and contributing to a tribute to Rep. Giffords that will be delivered to her office. No reservations are necessary.