Authors participate in the Tucson Festival of Books in several ways, which means if your favorite authors' schedules overlap and conflict, many authors give two or more presentations, so check out Sunday's pullout section for schedules.
• Presenting authors were selected by the festival's author committee and appear in the festival's official workshops, panel discussions, demonstrations and presentations.
• Signings - Presenting authors often sign books after their discussions, and many authors will be stationed at tables chatting with fans and signing books.
• Authors also read and discuss their work at the Author Pavilion.
• Exhibitors host authors for readings and signings.
• Authors are visitors, too. It's not unusual to see an author in the food court, wandering among the booths or listening to another author.
On StarNet: Find festival news and resources at tucsonfestivalofbooks.org and join in our liveblog of the event at live.azstarnet.com by tweeting #TFOB
If you Go
• What: Fifth annual Tucson Festival of Books.
• When: 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Where: University of Arizona campus. Attendance and parking are free.
• What: Authors, book discussions, workshops and literary activities for the entire family.
• Sponsors: The UA and the Arizona Daily Star. The University of Arizona Medical Center is the presenting sponsor. Net proceeds will promote literacy in Southern Arizona through the Tucson Festival of Books Foundation, a nonprofit organization.
• Bookmark it: Go to tucsonfestivalofbooks.org for more information. You can sign up to follow the festival through email newsletters.
• Social media: Follow the festival on Facebook at facebook.com/tucsonfestivalofbooks and go to twitter.com/tfob to follow on Twitter.
• Mobile: Apps are available for iPhone, Android devices and Kindle Fire.
• Plan it out: The best way to see the authors and participate in the workshops and other activities is to make a plan. A comprehensive section of festival events was in Sunday's Star.